Every year The Tennessee Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, TSLMS, holds its annual meeting in Nashville, TN – otherwise known as Music City. Over time this meeting has grown and it is now a full fledged conference which we call the Symposium for Cosmetic Advances and Laser Education, or SCALE. One thing is for sure, when you come to SCALE, whether you are an exhibitor, a lecturer/presenter, or just there to learn you will find that your time was very well spent.
The Details on The Location
Happening July 22-25, SCALE 2020 will be held at the architecturally renowned Music City Convention Center. This building is, by itself, an attraction:
The Music City Center is Nashville’s convention center located in the heart of downtown. The 2.1 million square foot facility opened in 2013 and was built so that Nashville could host large, city-wide conventions in the downtown area. The mission of the Music City Center is to create significant economic benefit for the citizens of the greater Nashville region by attracting local and national events while focusing on community inclusion, sustainability and exceptional customer service… LEED Gold certified for new construction by the U.S. Green Building Council as we continue to integrate sustainable practices throughout our facility…
Art lovers can celebrate a new addition to Nashville’s already rich artistic environment. The Music City Center is proud to be the home of over 100 pieces of public art. During the master planning process, the Convention Center Authority budgeted $2 million for art in the new convention center and worked with an art committee, consisting of art professionals and Nashville citizens, to select the pieces for the building. Over 225 artists submitted applications and the pieces that were chosen feature a broad spectrum of artistic media, including paintings, suspended pieces, new media, mosaics, and light works. Of the 52 artists represented in the acquired art collection, 32 of from Davidson County. Another 16 are from other parts of Tennessee, and the remaining four are from Georgia and Kentucky. The art committee also chose to commission eight site-specific, monumental pieces and two of these pieces came from local artists, Jamaal Sheats and Alicia Henry.
If you make it into town early you can actually schedule a tour. We recommend it.
As far as accommodations go, we have partnerships with the two hotels closest to the venue:
- The Westin Nashville, which is adjacent and a 4 plus star hotel with some pretty snazzy amenities that include a rooftop bar and pool.
- The Omni Nashville, which is across the street and also a 4 plus star hotel. It is attached to the amazing Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, with its own roof top pool and hot tub.
There are so many fantastic hotels to choose from that are designed to accommodate the legends and stars of country music and their biggest fans. Nashville also has some of the best restaurants in the country, as Zaggat points out, as well as some very highly rated museums, gardens and historical sites.
SCALE happenings will be keeping you busy for the duration of the conference, so we highly recommend coming early and/or leaving late so you can spend as much of your time outside of the event touring Nashville as you can.
Being A SCALE Exhibitor or Sponsor
This is a topic that we have previously published on and this year will be even better. As we have pointed out before:
We built the conference with the vendors, exhibitors and sponsors in mind. There are significant opportunities to advertise your business, products, and services to the hundreds of attendees, who are largely made up of dermatologists, plastic surgeons, oculoplastic surgeons, aesthetic physicians, aestheticians, and their office staff from around the US (with a handful from other countries).
The opportunities that we have created for you include:
- Listing of your name and/or logo on the SCALE 2019 website
- Listed sponsorship on a workshop, demonstration, talk, or event
- Branded conference swag, hotel keys, or escalator clings
- Sponsored emails, blog posts, and/or social media
There are literally dozens of opportunities for your business to be directly in front of our attendees. In addition, the schedule is designed to foster networking opportunities. This includes breakfasts, breaks, and receptions that all conference goers are encouraged to attend.
This is truly an event not to miss as our partner. You can see the 2020 floorplan for SCALE here.
The Educational Perks of Attending SCALE
Besides the opportunity to take a working vacation in Nashville, TN, there are plenty of benefits for SCALE attendees. These include the opportunity to earn continuing medical education credits, or CMEs:
- Physician Credit. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint provider-ship of Medical Education Resources (MER) and SCALE. MER is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Credit Designation. Medical Education Resources designates this live activity for approximately TBD AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nursing Credit. Medical Education Resources is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The agenda and schedule will be published soon.