One of the most interesting and valuable parts of almost every good conference is the opportunity to meet the exhibitors and vendors. There are a couple of reasons that this holds true. The first is the swag they inevitably give away. The second is that they are the creators and producers of all of the latest and greatest technology and a really good window into what trends will emerge in the coming year. SCALE 2019 Music City is no exception. If you have been to our annual meeting in prior years then you know how amazing our exhibitor hall is and what a difference it can make to your practice!
The Swag You Might Expect
Forget pens and highlighters, there is so much more to be had! Premier Promotions Products, a leading promoter of branded giveaways, recently published a great piece on the very best of the possible giveaways for medical conferences. There is no question in our minds that if you visit all of our exhibitors and sponsors, you will find really great items like these among those booths and displays that are being handed out to SCALE 2019 Music City’s participants.
- Rain-resistant non-woven tote bags which are easy to spot clean and to dry, as well as super handy with their comfortable and long shoulder straps. They double well as gym totes, or sturdy reusable shopping bags, that show off what you do for a living after the conference ends.
- Zippered padfolios with multiple pockets serve as organizers for paperwork in a sleek professional looking body. The addition of outside pockets and pen loops make these really handy for busy medical professionals.
- Workout armband with media holders allow you to stay active and fit while you carry your smartphone. These are designed to wick sweat away from your body and prevent it from reaching your device. This might just be the one piece of swag that helps to remind you, and assists you, to maintain a great work/life balance.
- Paper weights. Crystal and glass etched decorative pieces can make a statement and be functional.
- Waterproof carry cases with lanyards can make another fantastic holder for all weather conditions and recreational activities. Additionally, they can protect your credentials behind a plastic coating when you are in an environment that might contain fluids or solids that would damage them.
- Reusable Gel Therapy hot and cold packs relieve sore muscles and help you relax after an intense work day or a long travel day. These little items are well worth picking up and holding on to – in multiples when you can.
Other really cool items that you might find as giveaways include flash drives, stethoscope covers, first aid kits, fitness mats, and even snack packs.
Our Exhibitors and Sponsors
We have some pretty spectacular sponsors at SCALE 2019 Music City. Take for instance, our Diamond Level Sponsor Allergan which “delivers treatments that address significant unmet medical needs in key therapeutic categories including Dermatology and Aesthetics.” Botox and Juvederm are two of its most well known. Platinum sponsor, Lilly, otherwise known as Eli Lilly and Company, is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, perhaps most well known for its oncology research and development. Expect to see significant presence of these top companies and opportunities to interact with them.
Other exhibitors and sponsors include:
- Crystal Clear, a software, marketing and consulting company
- Defenage Skincare
- Fotona, ultra-performance lasers
- Zimmer, aesthetics division
- Brymill, cryogenic systems
- Elta MD Skincare
- Envy Medical
- Restorsea Pro
- Root of Skin Md
- Topix Pharmaceuticals
- Zero Gravity
- The Aesthetic Channel
- The Dermatologist
- Practical Dermatology
- BrandMD Skincare
How the SCALE 2019 Schedule Encourages Exhibitor Interaction
We have several scheduled times for you, the medical professional, to meet and interact with our exhibitors. Thursday evening there is an opening reception with them. This will provide an opportunity to network in a more social setting. The exhibit hall will be open from 5:30 to 6:30 on Thursday evening. On Friday morning breakfast is scheduled so that you can spend more time with them, from 7:00 am to 8:00 am. There is also a half hour break mid-morning and another mid-afternoon, to allow you time for interaction. Friday evening there is a cocktail reception in the exhibit hall. The hall will be set up all day Friday, from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm, as well as Saturday, from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, so you can casually stroll through and find the time between sessions to spend with the exhibitors that you are the most interested in learning from. Saturday there is also another breakfast and break scheduled explicitly to encourage interaction with the exhibitors. You can find the entire schedule for SCALE here.
Remember that the exhibitors are there to meet you. You should be open to meeting them. They have first hand industry information that may be hard to glean from other sources. They will know what their company’s research and development teams are working on and can tell you what they think the trends in 2019 and 2020 will be. They can also provide more direct information on their products, as well as provide you with any possible discounts or other incentives that are available. All in all, these exhibitors can be your practice and your career’s best friend.