There is a growing trend in the cosmetic and aesthetic industries: the lunch hour ‘face-lift’, as it is casually called. However, the range of options that exist do not necessarily qualify as a ‘face lift’ but are typically designed to rejuvenate the skin quickly and in a way that allows for the client to go right back to work or on with their day with no ill effect.
When you decide to start offering these treatments, it is an investment in your business. TSLMS is here to help and there is a lot that you can learn about this at SCALE 2019 Music City. Until you get there, we have this to help get you started.
What You Can Do In An Hour
There are a number of procedures that can take an hour or less- and in which the client leaves looking substantially better than when they walked in (or at least after the initial redness from treatment wears off).
These include (Source):
- BotoxⓇ or another botulinum toxin. These use a toxin to paralyze specific facial muscles that cause expression lines and crow’s feet. Because Botox stops those muscles from contracting, the skin above them begins to smooth.
- DysportⓇ. These injections address glabellar lines, the folds that form an “11” or “M” between your brows. Using a similar protocol as Botox, Dysport paralyzes your muscles with a toxin to stop movement, allowing lines on the skin to lessen.
- JuvédermⓇ. Fillers use hyaluronic acid, which naturally forms in your body, to fill voids, filling out your face and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Juvéderm offers a collection of fillers, each designed for specific areas of the face.
- Restylane®. Restylane provides you with two cutting-edge hyaluronic acid gels, specially designed to reduce the appearance of nasolabial folds between the nose and mouth, and marionette lines, which develop from the corners of the lips to the bottom of your chin. These second-generation fillers add volume to your skin while still allowing for natural movement of the mouth.
- Belotero Balance®. Belotero Balance, another hyaluronic acid gel, integrates with the fibers under your skin to fill voids around your mouth and lips. Strong enough to contend with nasolabial folds, Belotero Balance is still delicate enough to treat small vertical lines that form around your lips.
- Sculptra®. Sculptra enhances your body’s natural production of collagen, a protein vital to your skin’s support structures. This collagen adds volume to your skin, reducing the voids created by aging. Your anti-aging specialist may recommend up to three treatments over 3-4 months for optimal results.
There are also non name brand laser and other energy-based rejuvenation procedures.
Who Gets Lunch Hour Treatments
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, one in four people are open to (or considering) plastic surgery. That is a huge number. Of course this only represents the adult age population. However, there are some predictive elements as to who will be shopping with you for these, and other, treatments.
In brief there are approximately 15.7 million people a year who in 2017 received minimally invasive procedures. The 2018 numbers were similar. The top were:
- Botulinum Toxin Type A (7.23 million procedures, up 2 percent from 2016)
- Soft Tissue Fillers (2.69 million procedures, up 3 percent from 2016)
- Chemical Peel (1.37 million procedures, up 1 percent since 2016)
- Laser hair removal (1.1 million procedures, down 2 percent from 2016)
- Microdermabrasion (740,287 procedures, down 4 percent from 2016)
Regarding the concept of a super fast face lift, there is a 20 to 30 minute procedure that the FDA has recently approved. As reported by Marie Claire, this is TempSure:
TempSure is a heating device that emit radio frequency waves (don’t worry; they’re safe) deep into your dermis to stimulate collagen production. “It tricks your body into thinking it’s been injured, so your body will send growth factors to the area to build new collagen,” says dermatologist Arash Akhavan, M.D., founder of Dermatology and Laser Group in New York City. “That leads to firmer, tighter, less-wrinkled skin.”
The point of this is that there are an endless number of people seeking out a fast and minimal to non-invasive fix to their aesthetic concerns.
The Latest in Fast and Non-Invasive Treatments
Slice.com has a fantastic article that illuminates the best non-surgical treatments of 2019. Most of these fall into that lunch hour treatment category. Although some genuinely take several hours, they are all outpatient. We will leave it to you to research what those procedures are and to determine which you might want to learn more about, but we do want to share the wisdom that they impart as the summary of their piece:
It’s impressive what an impact non-surgical cosmetic treatments like lasers, fillers and peels can have. Whether it’s fat taken from one part of your body and injected into another, or fillers used to shape and sculpt your nose, non-surgical cosmetic treatments are more popular than ever. Here are 15 procedures, that don’t require going under the knife, that will be big in 2019.
We look forward to helping you explore what procedures you want to offer to your clientele and we will see you soon!