SCALE Music City is proud to have Allergan and Galderma as elite sponsors for 2020. Galderma headlines a list of exhibitors and sponsors, including some of the top names in the fields of aesthetic medicine, cosmetic surgery and dermatology. For 35 plus years, Galderma has been a leader in progressing global skin health initiatives. Join us at SCALE 2020 to learn more about cutting edge dermatological advances from Galderma and our other esteemed exhibitors.
In the meantime, read on to learn more about Galderma’s history, their current mission statement and global outreach programs, the brands that fall under the Galderma umbrella, and finally the ways in which Galderma uses research and innovation to progress skin health initiatives.
Galderma Mission Statement and Goals
From the Galderma website: “Given the important role our skin plays in each of our daily lives,
Galderma’s focus on science-based solutions for skin health is the way we seek to enhance the quality of people’s lives.” This is part of Galderma’s larger effort to “change the way the world thinks about skin health.” Some of the key goals laid forth include:
Enrich lives: at the core of all of Galderma’s stated goals includes a simple idea — make people’s lives better. Healthy, clear, strong skin can have a massive impact on the lives of children and adults alike. Providing affordable and effective solutions can truly make a material difference around the globe.
Advance skin care research: another pillar of Galderma is their dedication to research within the skin care field. (More on this below).
Provide essential medical care around the globe: global healthcare is a massive problem. Galderma chooses to view this problem as an opportunity to do good. This is precisely why they are dedicated to spreading their resources including medications and aesthetic solutions to those in need.
The Many Brands of Galderma
Even those who are not acutely familiar with the Galderma name will almost certainly know one or more of their many brands. Here are just a few:
- Proactiv: one of the most well known acne prevention and treatment brands in the world, Proactiv touts itself as acne prevention at the cellular level. Proactiv generally uses multi-product acne-fighting systems to offer complete coverage. The 3-step system of Proactiv has revolutionized OTC acne treatments for generations of teens and adults.
- Cetaphil: dermatologist recommended for over 70 years, Cetaphil offers cleansers, moisturizers, baby skincare products, and more. Cetaphil is trusted for its no-nonsense approach to gentle yet effective skincare.
- Epiduo: a prescription medication primarily prescribed for acne, Epiduo and Epiduo Forte harness the power of a retinoid known as adapalene to combat acne symptoms. Epiduo is antibiotic-free and the gel consistency allows for fast and easy application.
- Differin: an over-the-counter alternative to Epiduo products, Differin also utilizes potent retinoids to manage acne. Differin “contains the first FDA-approved, prescription-strength, retinoid acne treatment available without a prescription,”
- Scupltra aesthetic: injectable poly-L-lactic acids from Sculptra Aesthetic is primarily used to get back collagen that can be lost due to aging and other factors. Injectables can be used in minimally invasive outpatient procedures to combat wrinkles and other signs of aging.
Galderma is Dedicated to Skincare Research and Innovation
As with many medically based companies, the lifeblood of Galderma is their commitment to innovation and research. Galderma is proud to focus on seven (7) innovation areas:
- Atopic dermatitis
- Skin aging
- Skin cancer
- Sun protection
Yet this does not tell the whole story. Galderma not only innovates within the medical field, but its many brands also innovate when it comes to packaging, delivery systems, and even information technology systems. This dedication to innovation is one of the many reasons that the diverse products under the Galderma business model have continued to excel over time.
Galderma partners with hospitals, research hubs, pharmaceutical companies, and other organizations to find the next, best solutions to global skincare problems. Research collaborations have become more or less mandatory in the current medical field to ensure that as many possible avenues are being explored.
Join Allergan at SCALE 2020 in Nashville!
To learn more about cutting edge cosmetic surgical procedures, non-invasive procedures, laser tech, and much more, join us from July 22-25, 2020 for our annual Music City Scale Conference! SCALE is the premier multidisciplinary meeting for aesthetic medicine, surgery and dermatology in the United States. Join other industry professionals to discuss industry trends, emerging technologies, and much more.
What started as a small gathering amongst colleagues 14 years ago has turned into the biggest party of the year within the field of aesthetic dermatology. Join us alongside hundreds of attendees and industry vendors to find out what you’ve been missing! Click here to see our full, up-to-date list of exhibitors and sponsors for SCALE 2020.