SCALE Music City is proud to have Gold Sponsor AbbVie for SCALE 2020. AbbVie is part of a long list of exhibitors and sponsors, including some of the top names in the fields of aesthetic medicine, cosmetic surgery and dermatology such as Allergan, Galderma, BTL, and many others.
Join us at SCALE 2020 to learn more about cutting edge dermatological advances from AbbVie and our other esteemed exhibitors!
**Note, as of the writing of this article, SCALE 2020 has not been postponed or canceled. We are carefully monitoring ongoing events including recommendations/guidance from the US CDC and the World Health Organization.**
Fast Facts on AbbVie
AbbVie is a self-described “research-driven biopharmaceutical company” with a focus on meeting the overall health needs of people around the world. AbbVie is proud to tackle some of the toughest healthcare challenges facing our international health community. Here are some key statistics:
- AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 workers across 70+ countries.
- Their products are manufactured in 14 modern manufacturing facilities in the US (including Puerto Rico), Ireland, Germany, Singapore, and Italy.
- Internal innovation takes place in 8 research & development centers in the US, Japan, and Germany.
- AbbVie products and/or services are sold in over 175 countries.
- AbbVie products are used to treat 32 conditions found in infants, children, young adults, and seniors.
AbbVie has received widespread recognition in the areas of workplace & diversity, corporate responsibility, business performance, and much more. Key awards include nods in FORTUNE’S “100 Best Companies to Work For”, inclusion on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, and a spot on Pharma Reptrak’s list of Most Reputable Companies.
AbbVie Products and Innovation
Beyond the corporate details and recognitions, what exactly does AbbVie do? In a nutshell, AbbVie has five (5) key therapeutic areas of focus:
- Immunology: AbbVie innovation focuses on developing cutting-edge medicines and therapies to battle chronic diseases. Within immunology, many AbbVie innovations come within the areas of dermatology and rheumatology.
- Oncology: in the fight against cancer, AbbVie pursues the newest and most effective methods to tackle “the most widespread and debilitating cancers.”
- Neuroscience: much like immunology, AbbVie’s central neuroscientific focus centers on finding treatments for chronic progressive diseases and/or chronic disabling diseases. In particular, AbbVie is innovating in the fights against Alzheimer’s, Multiple Sclerosis, and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Virology: viral diseases including hepatitis C and HIV continue to be a major medical concern across the world. AbbVie innovations aim to meet international health needs for communities and individuals alike.
- General Medicine: other areas of concern being tackled by AbbVie R&D efforts include diabetic nephropathy, endometriosis, cystic fibrosis, and uterine fibroids. AbbVie works to find solutions for diseases and conditions which currently have no known effective treatment methods.
Below is a full listing of currently available AbbVie products:
- AndroGel® (testosterone gel)
- CREON® (pancrelipase) Delayed-Release Capsules
- Depakote® (divalproex sodium) tablets
- Depakote® ER (divalproex sodium extended-release tablets)
- Depakote® Sprinkle Capsules (divalproex sodium delayed-release capsules)
- DUOPA (carbidopa/levodopa enteral suspension)
- GENGRAF® Capsules (cyclosporine capsules, USP)
- GENGRAF® Oral Solution (cyclosporine oral solution, USP)
- HUMIRA® (adalimumab)
- KALETRA® (lopinavir/ritonavir) Tablets and KALETRA®(lopinavir/ritonavir) Oral Solution
- K-TAB® (potassium chloride extended-release tablets, USP)
- LUPANETA PACK® (leuprolide acetate for depot suspension and norethindrone acetate tablets)
- LUPRON DEPOT® (leuprolide acetate for depot suspension) GYN
- LUPRON DEPOT-PED® (leuprolide acetate for depot suspension)
- LUPRON DEPOT® (leuprolide acetate for depot suspension) URO
- MAVYRET™ (glecaprevir/pibrentasvir)
- NIASPAN® (niacin extended-release tablets) [film-coated]
- NIMBEX® (cisatracurium besylate)
- NORVIR® Tablets (ritonavir tablets/oral solution/oral powder)
- ORILISSA® (elagolix) tablets
- RINVOQ™ (upadacitinib) extended-release tablets
- SKYRIZI™ (risankizumab-rzaa)
- SURVANTA® (beractant) intratracheal suspension
- SYNTHROID® (levothyroxine sodium tablets, USP)
- TARKA® (trandolapril/verapamil HCI ER)
- TRICOR® (fenofibrate) tablets
- Trilipix® (fenofibric acid) delayed-release capsules
- ULTANE® (sevoflurane)
- VENCLEXTA® (venetoclax) tablets
- VIEKIRA PAK® (ombitasvir, paritaprevir and ritonavir tablets; dasabuvir tablets), co-packaged for oral use
- Zemplar® (paricalcitol) Capsules
AbbVie’s Coronavirus Response
Coronavirus is on everyone’s mind at the moment. As we look forward to SCALE 2020, we also want to be cognizant of the fact that many of our lives are at a relative standstill at the moment. Here is a message straight from AbbVie’s website regarding their coronavirus response:
“As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to have an increased impact on our communities, we want you to know we are here to help. AbbVie is focused on the health and safety of employees, health care professionals (HCPs) and patients.
We are collaborating with select health authorities and institutions globally on clinical research related to COVID-19. AbbVie is supporting clinical studies and basic research, working closely with European health authorities and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institutes of Health and Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority to coordinate on these efforts.
We also are continuing to closely monitor manufacturing and supply chain resources around the world to help ensure our patients continue to receive their medicines.”
Join AbbVie at SCALE 2020 in Nashville!
To learn more about beauty trends, beauty theory, non-invasive procedures, laser tech, and much more, join us from July 22-25, 2020 for our annual Music City Scale Conference! SCALE is the premier multidisciplinary meeting for aesthetic medicine, surgery and dermatology in the United States. Join other industry professionals to discuss industry trends, emerging technologies, and much more.
What started as a small gathering amongst colleagues 14 years ago has turned into the biggest party of the year within the field of aesthetic dermatology. Join us alongside hundreds of attendees and industry vendors to find out what you’ve been missing!
2020 Exhibitors & Sponsors